Please sign in to post.

train from Brussels to paris

Thank you. I have one more question. I have been looking on line at the different train options and I don't fully understand the refund policy on the Thalys from Brussels to Paris. On the website it states that the ticket I am looking at (2 adult + child for 105 Euro) is 100% refundable before train departure but I am unclear as to how to go about the refund. It gives numbers for each country purchased in and euros per min. etc. If you have any idea what that means could please inform me on how and how much to cancel.
Thanks again

Posted by
4408 posts

I started a reply then realized I needed to clarify something first... The total for the 3 of you is €105,00, as in €35,00 'Smoove' fares? Those WON'T be refundable AT ALL! The only fare I can find - that would be refundable at 3 tickets for €105,00 - is the 'youth/jeune' or a 'kid' ticket portion. That would mean either a child ticket of €15,00 and 2 adults at €45,00 each, or a child at €45,00 and 2 adults at €30,00 each...Do any of these combos look familiar? Exactly what date and what time are you looking at? This Thalys site is a bit difficult to understand correctly...I don't want you thinking you've got fully-refundable tickets if you don't. The only refundable ticket - besides the 'jeune' tickets - is the 'Hi-Life' ticket, and that should cost €90,00 each... Please let me know exactly which train you're looking at (date and time)!

Posted by
4 posts

I was looking at the 2 adults for 45 and the child for 15. It does state that it is 100% refundable. I am looking to go next week and if i need to cancel it would be very last minute. I work for an airline and fly space available, so I'm not sure what flight I am taking.
Thanks for your help

Posted by
4408 posts

Oof! I was looking at 12 and older fares...WOW! You must have the "Kid" and "Kid & Co" fares; those are fantastic, considering the very generous refund policy. I just might rent some kids there during my next visit ;-) BTW, the "€0,34/call" is for European callers - they don't have "toll-free" phone numbers. Depending on how you purchase/collect your tickets (ticketless, paper tickets, etc.) determines how to contact them about a refund. Use Michael's link for that info. I hope your trip works out!