Please sign in to post.

Chiusi Train Station

On my way from Rome to Florence I would like to spend few hrs at Chiusi. Does anyone know if you can check luggage at that station?

Posted by
2207 posts

According to the Trenitalia site, there is NO luggage storage at Chiusi station. You can look at the very bottom of this article, Left Luggage Facilities for info on which train stations have these facilities.

Posted by
1883 posts

Not sure why you want to spend time in Chuisi, there isn't really much there. Montepulciano is close, but you'd need a car to get there, it's a hill top town and has a small piazza. I'd recommend you spend your few hours in Orvieto on the way from Rome to Florence. That is a beautiful little town, with more to see. You will need to take the funicular up to the town, but it's just across the street from the train station, easy to get to and easy to return to. You can easily spend 3-4 hours in Orvieto in the church, the main piazza, St Patrick's well, walking along the cities walls, and in the ceramic shops! I don't believe there is luggage storage in Orvieto either, but you might check at a hotel in town and see if they'd be willing to store your luggage for a small fee???

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for all the good information. I think I'll just plan a day trip from Florence so I won't have to worry with the luggage issue.

Posted by
30 posts

I would agree with Ellen. I spent a week just outside of Chuisi and it is not much of a tourist town. I'm not sure of the train station, but it is a small station.

Posted by
1 posts

I saw on another site that there is a "left luggage" or baggage deposit at the Chiusi station. I'm at the Chuisi station now, and I am able to confirm that there is indeed a self-serve automated bank of lockers. THEY ARE OUT OF ORDER!!! And look like they have been for a while.

Posted by
3112 posts

For people interested in Etruscan history, Chiusi is well worth a visit. The Etruscan museum is quite good, and there are 2 interesting underground tours - one below the cathedral and another offered through the tourist office a few blocks from the museum. Unfortunately, you won't be able to book a tour of the Etruscan tombs just outside of town without a car (you must provide transportation for the guide). Note that the train station is a ways from the museum, probably too far to walk. Not certain whether there are buses.