Please sign in to post.

Gatwick to Heathrow

We are two couples with a modest amount of luggage and 5 hours between flights. What is the EASIEST way to get to Heathrwo from Gatwick? thanks,

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Jeff. There are easy shuttles - info is on Gatwick website....

Posted by
5525 posts

The National Express coach between LHR and LGW is the best option. You can find info on the Heathrow website.

Posted by
4684 posts

This is the rare example where I'd recommend road over train in London - any rail route will require inconvenient levels of changing. Use a shuttle or the scheduled buses.

Posted by
417 posts

Agree- the National Express buses are easy, very frequent, fairly cheap, and comfortable. Using the train would just be cumbersome with luggage and transfers.

Posted by
14 posts

I have a couple of related questions. We are flying from Rome to Gatwick, land at 22:55. We have a flight out of Heathrow the next day at 11:00. We have booked a room at the Heathrow Marriott for the night. There is a National Express shuttle that leaves Gatwick at 23:25 and not another one until the next morning at 1:15. I have no idea how long we should count on, after we land, to pick up luggage and get to the shuttle/bus stop. ..Could we make that 23:25 shuttle or should I book the one for the next morning? If I book and don't make the bus, can we use our tickets for the next bus? Once we get to Heathrow, what is the best way to get to the hotel? I read online that there is not a hotel shuttle to and from airport. Thanks for advice!

Posted by
1986 posts

Sara: By my calculations you have 30 minutes from Scheduled landing to being on the bus. The only way to do that is for plane to land on time, and immediately open the doors. You must be first off the plane and first in line at Immigration. Not going to happen unless your plane arrives and disembarks at least 45 minutes early

Posted by
8700 posts

Sara, You will arrive too late to take a Hoppa Bus to the Marriott. Fortunately, local buses run 24/7 and they are free along the Bath Road where the Marriott is located. See this page for details.