Please sign in to post.

Turkish Airlines?

Has anyone flown this airline to Frankfurt or Berlin from Istanbuhl? Is it one of those where you do not have a seat assignment? Open to any other ideas of how to get from Istanbuhl to Germany (train appears to be hours & hours)

Posted by
990 posts

There are seat assignments on every Turkish Air flight I've taken, though I've never flown to Germany. I'd be surprised if their German flights were any different. The train is expensive, long, and involves the hassle of changing trains. Only do it if you're a masochist or really, really nervous about flying. You should probably check www.whichbudget.com and see if any budget airlines are flying the routes you are looking for. As long as you keep in mind that they have highly restrictive policies on ticketing and baggage and you are willing to live within their rules, you can likely beat Turkish Air's price.

Posted by
320 posts

We've flown Turkish Airlines within Turkey and were very satisfied. We were given seat assignment when we made the purchase several months is advance.
We were amazed to get a meal served on a 55 minute flight.

Posted by
9100 posts

I just flew Turkish Airlines from IST to Amsterdam a couple of days ago. Purchased tickets two months in advance, and was not able to make a seat selection until I checked in for the flight at the airport. Oddly most of the flight attendants were Russian?!?!?

Posted by
12040 posts

I've flown Istanbul to Frankfurt on this airline, but I don't remember when or where I got my seating assignment (didn't care much when I got it). I will say, though, that I've never had better food in coach class.

Posted by
813 posts

We've flown between Germany and Turkey on Condor Airlines. They were good, nothing spectacular. They gave inflatable airplanes with their logo on them to our kids, kept them busy for the 2 hr flight!

Posted by
3696 posts

I was just wondering as I am taking my 10 year old grandson and didn't want him to be on his own too much...but he is all about the food in Europe, so if the plane has good food he'll be happy.
Thanks.