Please sign in to post.

Paris to Brussels

I have seen many discounted train fares. I am a senior. What is the best way to get a ticket on Dec 26 and return the same day?

Posted by
9099 posts

Direct train service between Paris & Brussels is only operated by the Thalys high-speed train service. You can check fares and schedules at www. Thalys.com. I believe it's too early to book tickets for Dec. 26 -you should be able to do it in about 3 weeks. If the Thalys website asks you where you live or where you will be picking up tickets, answer with "France". You should be able to get a "smilys" advance purchase/nonrefundable/nonexchangeable ticket for about 54 euros each way. You can either print the tickets out at home or pick them up at any train station in France.

Posted by
8700 posts

The Smilys fare is listed as €27 each way, but it's only sold as a return (roundtrip) so you'll pay a total of €54. It can be booked up to three months in advance. To have any chance of getting it, book as soon as the three-month window opens.

Posted by
9099 posts

There are two different smily fares depending which train you choose to take; 27 or 58 euro each way. I was quoting the high end of that spectrum.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks for the info. Appreciate the prompt reply. Allan