Please sign in to post.

FERRY OR TRAIN to Copenhagen (from Oslo)?

I'm planning a trip to Scandinavia, and I've read about the Oslo-Copenhagen night cruise, which sounds really interesting. My point of entry is Oslo (because I'm visiting a friend there), and then I intend to explore other Scandinavian countries from there. I have a dilemma, so I need some advice. On the one hand, I can purchase a Scandinavia Railpass, get huge discounts on the Norway in a nutshell tour, and include Sweden in my itenerary. On the other hand, I can do the Oslo-Copenhagen cruise, which sounds fun and relaxing, but I'll have to skip Sweden. The cost for both are quite comparable. I need some advice. What's your opinion about the Oslo-Copenhagen cruise? Is it worth it? Should I skip Stockholm for that?

Posted by
16385 posts

I don't know about the "worth it" factor, but the overnight cruise is quite the party scene. If you go in mid-summer you will have light enough to see the scenery, but most people are having too much fun to look. How old you are might be the determining factor.

Posted by
12172 posts

I would probably go for the train, especially if you have some time to stop and see things along the way. The ferry will leave about dinner time and show up in the morning but there won't be any stops on the way.