Please sign in to post.

airplane prices

hey everyone does anyone know if trip advisor is a safe site to buy your tickets from? there is 2 of us wanting to travil from LAX in california to FCO, rome italy. if you guys have any ideas of good sites to check for airline prices that would be very helpful. thank you!

Posted by
320 posts

I can't answer about Trip Advisor . Haven't used them for ticket purchases but British airways is having a pretty good sale right now for travel leaving before May 22. We just bought tickets for about half the price they were last week. Just checked May into June dates LAX-FCO. Total price $780.

Posted by
2876 posts

Try kayak.com, especially now that American is in a dispute with Expedia & Orbitz. You'll be hard-pressed to beat that $780 price that Pat found.

Posted by
11 posts

Wow that is a good deal. The only proublem is we are leaving early June, like the 10th or the 13th.

Posted by
138 posts

I have only ever bought tickets directly from the airlines, although I use kayak and tripadvisor to track airfares and get alerts. By the way, the best deal I found last summer (and it actually wasn't a "deal" as there weren't any sales for June) was to buy a round trip ticket from LAX to London and then a cheap low-cost European flight from London to Rome and back again. The L.A. to Rome prices last June were really high.