Please sign in to post.

Please help

I am stuck in india and cannot seen to obtain a visa for pakistan, I am an aussie. I want to travel overland from india to europe without the visa nonense and at minimal expense. Can someone get me out of here?

Posted by
8293 posts

Oh, you Aussies are tough ...I 'm sure you'll find a way out of your dilemma, or into jail if you think visas are nonsense. No doubt Pakistanis wanting to go to Australia hate the "visa nonsense" too.

Posted by
32325 posts

Craig, This travel board is primarily concerned with Europe, so most here are probably not that familiar with the technicalities of Visas for Australian citizens travelling in Pakistan or India. With an overland route, a Visa for Pakistan may be the least of your problems, as you'll also have to travel through Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria to reach Europe (assuming you use the most direct route). Although it probably won't be "minimal expense" a flight may be the quickest and least problematic method to get you out of there. You might have a look at www.farecompare.com or other sites to find the best options. Using an arbitrary date, I found flights as low as $385 from Delhi to Sophia (as an example - you didn't specify where you were, or which location in Europe you want to go first). You'll have a better chance of getting a knowledgeable answer to this question by posting it on The Thorn Tree bulletin board at www.lonelyplanet.com. Good luck!

Posted by
23566 posts

Ten to one, Craig is a troll. Any takers???

Posted by
1035 posts

Maybe we can connect him with the guy from Eugene who wants to travel by land and sea to reduce carbon emissions.

Posted by
361 posts

Watch the movie "Seven Year in Tibet" with Brad Pitt. Just walk out. My preference in shoes would be Merrill Jungle Mocs.