Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Italy

I will be in Italy in December. 18-31. 1st idea was to go Milan, Venice, Florence/Siena, Rome, Milan. However I have heard good things and bad things about being in Rome on the 24,25,26 of Dec. Many closings??? Prices for hotels up???? Difficult travel??? Good stuff. festive, and ???? I guess the question is. Is Rome a really special place to be during or around Christmas time? Or can we get the same feeling all over Italy? If so the we can kind of reverse the order and save some money. i.e. Milan, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan...
Thank you for your help.

Posted by
2091 posts

Carmen~Personally, I think Christmas anywhere in Italy would be fantastic! One concern I have though-if you're talking about Xmas '10-is finding hotel rooms when your arrival is less than a month away...unless of course money is no object!

Posted by
6 posts

Well, yes one of my concerns was that in Rome Christmas is a mini high season for hotels etc... so I was thinking that if we can get the same or similar experience just about anywhere in Italy then we will go to Rome early and be somewhere else in Italy during Christmas. Thank you for your post. Carmen/aka Carmelo