Please sign in to post.

Train from Milan to Venice

Rick's book says trains depart about once per hour. However both the Trenitalia and Rail Europe websites don't show this. They only show about 1 or 2 trains per day. How do I find these more frequent departures online? Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

I'm willing to bet that you entered a date beyond 11 December. If so, the reason you see only one or two trains is that new timetables will go into effect throughout most of Europe on 12 December and Trenitalia hasn't uploaded theirs yet. Enter an arbitrary date no later than 11 December and you'll get complete timetables. The new ones should change by only a few minutes, if at all.

Posted by
19092 posts

You can't get the price or order ticket there, but you can get schedules from the German Rail (Bahn) website. But, as Tim said, the schedules change on 12/12. Trenitalia is often late with their update. I just checked the Bahn schedule, and I see a couple of EC (Eurocity) trains at mid-day, but there should be a whole lot of ES* (Italian EuroStar), so apparently Trenitalia hasn't uploaded yet. And, BTW, RailEurope is not a good source for schedules. They only show trains for which they sell tickets. Usually only the fastest, most expensive trains, not to every city, and at a markup.

Posted by
5 posts

Yes you are right. I entered Dec 30. Thank you sooooooo much!