Please sign in to post.

Day trip from Barcelona?

We have an extra day in Barcelona and are looking for a day trip somewhere nearby. Any ideas? Any suggestions for tour operators? Should we rent a car? Take a train? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by
691 posts

Montserrat is a nice day trip from Barcelona, no need for a car, you can get there by train. We also took a day trip to the Penedes Vallee to visit some wineries we had a car but i think they have organized tour as well from Barcelona.

Posted by
629 posts

Monserrat would be my choice. It was a one of our favourite days in Spain. We took our rental car but there is an easy train trip from Barcelona. We parked at the bottom and took a fabulous tram ride up to the monastery. We also enjoyed the funicular train ride to the peak and strolled down the easy trail (about 45 min+) back to the maonastery. With the right timing you can enjoy the choir in the cathedral. Enjoy!!!

Posted by
951 posts

I am for Figueres as well. The Dali Museum is insane and a treat all at once.

Posted by
1178 posts

Dali [INVALID] His house and the museum. Think you need to reserve house tickets ahead of time...small number of people allowed in at any given time..worth the effot to see the setting alone!! The drive to there is magnificent as well.

Posted by
247 posts

For sure go to Park Guell....take bus 24 from Placa de Catalunya, do not take Green Line L-2. Best place we visited in Barcleona and it was free! Google it and you'll know what I mean

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the great tips! Does anyone know how to get to Montserrat by train from Barcelona? Does it run in January too?