Please sign in to post.

Bari to Dubrovnik

I'll be in Puglia mid-October and am considering taking the ferry to Dubrovnik for several days. Has anyone done this and what tips would you suggest.

Posted by
3112 posts

I took the Bari-Dubrovnik overnight ferry in September 2008 and it worked great. I purchased my ticket online and picked it up at the port in Bari (must pick up ticket at least 2 hours before departure time). Since I couldn't check into my Dubrovnik hotel until mid-afternoon, I found the extra cost of a cabin with shower worthwhile (all cabins include breakfast in price). If arriving in Bari by train, buy bus tickets to the port at the octogonal-shaped tabacchio shop on the far side of the bus stop. Note that ferries sail less frequently in low season, which usually begins on October 1. If you decide to take the ferry, first check schedules at www.jadrolinija.hr and then plan the rest of your trip around your desired sailing date.

Posted by
7569 posts

Just keep in mind that given time to get to Bari, then overnight, and the same on return, you lose most of two days in travel. I would want at least two nights in Dubrovnik, so you are talking 4 days and nights on your itinerary. If that works, Great!, if you were thinking doing a couple nights total, might want to rethink.

Posted by
2091 posts

Frank, thank you for the ferry site[INVALID]that's just the info I needed for my 2011 trip planning.