Please sign in to post.

Car Rental in Spain

4 of us will be renting a car for 16 days in Milan. We'd like to hear recommendations, especially about National and CDW insurance. Thank you

Posted by
3551 posts

I rent a car every yr in Europe, just back yesterday from Germany and France. I did not get CDW as my Visa card covers it( I took a letter from Visa stating my coverage). However, Italy might be the only place I might buy the CDW coverage in the future. it can be expensive but if you divide betw 4 it could just give you that peace of mind and worth it.my previous 3 rentals in Italy I did not buy it.Ck www.gemut.com for well priced auto rentals or autoeurope.com

Posted by
2 posts

I should have said we plan to rent the car in Madrid.

Posted by
1167 posts

Check with your credit card company. I know that some of them provide all of the coverage you need and their coverage will be void if take ANY of the coverage offered by the rental company.

Posted by
4555 posts

We use carjet.co.uk....low rates, great service, and they include CDW in their premium. They're a broker too, so they seek out the lowest rates.

Posted by
2 posts

Last year I rented a car twice in Spain. The first was to travel to Salamanca from Madrid. A week later we rented a car to drive from Sevilla to Granada via Gibraltar. Both rentals were from National and had the mini-vans we expected.

WRT the insurance. I paid the CDW fees and after arriving at Granada I was glad I did. There was a small scratch on the side of the car which I have no idea how it happened. Because we had the insurance, we just signed a paper and walked away.

In the US I never take the insurance because my credit cards cover me. In Europe, I didn't want to have any hastles so that's why I did it. For me it paid off.