Please sign in to post.

Train from Paris to Amboise

Hi! My husband and I are planning on taking the train from Paris to Amboise. I've looked on DBAHN and found a few different options, one is a TGV to ST. Pierre des Corp and then a RE train to Amboise or there is the option to take a direct train to Amboise but it is not a TGV. It doesn't look like the TGV will save us much time. What I'm wondering is how the prices compare for taking the TGV or a direct train to Amboise? Where do I find the prices on DBAHN? Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

The DB site doesn't show fares for routes entirely outside Germany.

The standard 2nd class fare for an Intercites train from Gare d'Austerlitz to Amboise is €29.10. Booked well in advance (up to three months) at www.tgv-europe.com, you can get a Prem's fare of €10.00. To keep the site in English and to avoid being bumped to the Rail Europe site which doesn't offer discount fares, choose Great Britain as your country of residence.

The standard 2nd class fare for a TGV from Gare Montparnasse to Saint-Pierre-des-Corps is €45.50. The Prem's fare is €17.00. The 2nd class fare for a regional train from Saint-Pierre-des-Corps to Amboise is €4.40.