Please sign in to post.

Andalucia

I am planning a trip to southern Spain and plan to visit Granada, Sevilla, Ronda, Cordoba. I am flying out of Madrid and was advised to fly into Malaga. Would it make more sense to fly into Granada? Is Malaga worth a visit?

Peggy

Posted by
629 posts

Are you renting a car? If so, it would be better to land in Grenada and then proceed to Ronda, Sevilla and Cordoba. The road from Malaga to Ronda is hilly, lots of curves and single lane. Unless you're interested in seeing Malaga, we weren't, or the flight is a LOT cheaper, why bother?

Posted by
23296 posts

The only recommendation for Malaga is that it is a large international airport with frequent service. It would be a two hour bus ride back to Granada plus an hour to get to the bus station. We recent fly into Madrid and home from Malaga which worked well. Might consider using the train to Cordoba and Sevilla and then switching to a car.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you Bob & Frank,

We are traveling by train and bus. No car.

Peggy

Posted by
2 posts

Our family saved money with an easy bus trip from Malaga to Granada.

Posted by
117 posts

Peggy, please be careful not to book a flight to GrEnada as Bob suggests. You will end up on an island in the Carribean...LOL

Posted by
629 posts

Oops, I hope my typo didn't send anyone to the Carribean! Lucky I'm not a travel agent and there are always school teachers out there to correct my spelling!!!

Posted by
4555 posts

Every year or two, we have a couple of hapless tourists who end up in Sydney, Nova Scotia, instead of Sydney, Australia. You'd think the clue would come when they switch in New York to a puddle-jumper regional jet, but....in any event, the magnificent people in Sydney (N.S.) show these wayward travellers a great time.