Please sign in to post.

Baggage

Traveling from Venice to Naples and returning to Venice
We would like to fly; but am confused about the baggage,how many bags you can take aboard,what the weight is,and size. How do I calculate this in the price they offer,so I don't get ripped off at the airport paying an outrageous price? I have read that's what easyjet does.
Or should we take the train for this trip with the eurpass Italy?

Posted by
15184 posts

Take the train but don't buy a pass. For just a roundtrip excursion from Venice to Naples, point to point tickets will be cheaper.

Plus, you get to see the Italian countryside from a train. The only thing you might see from a plane is clouds.

Posted by
873 posts

For easyJet, you are restricted to one carry-on of specific dimensions (see their website) but there isn't a particular weight limit. If you know you will have to check any bags, you can pay when booking tickets, 11EUR per bag. If you do not pre-pay to check bags but end up having to do so when you get to the airport, the price will double.

You can use this policy as a rule of thumb for European budget airlines, but do be sure to check with your specific airline's website about specific requirements.