Please sign in to post.

Siena to Sorrento

We will be travelling from Siena to Sorrento in early Oct. and would like to know if we could travel easily by bus between the two cities. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
8700 posts

You can do it Monday-Saturday, but there is no afternoon Roma-Sorrento service on Sunday. The Currerei bus leaves Roma Tiburtina at 14:00 and arrives at Sorrento at 17:30. The Marozzi bus leaves Roma Tiburtina at 15:00 and arrives at Sorrento at 19:00.

Take a SENA bus from Siena to Roma Tiburtina. The last one you could take to make the connection leaves Siena at 10:30 and arrives at Roma Tiburtina at 13:35.

If you want to get to Sorrento earlier in the day, you will need to take the train from Siena to Napoli and the Circumvesuviana commuter train from Napoli to Sorrento.

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks for the info, Tim. I was trying to avoid going back to Florence, but maybe taking the train from Florence to Napoli would be the quickest way to travel. How early does the train leave Florence?? (we are traveling on Saturday, Oct. 2)

Posted by
8700 posts

You're welcome, Holly.

You can leave Siena at 06:27, connect in Firenze, and arrive at Napoli Centrale at 11:10.

Or you can take the first SENA bus from Siena to Roma Tiburtina, departing at 06:00 and arriving at 09:05. You would then need to get to Termini to catch the 10:00 train to Napoli which arrives at 11:10 (the same train you would catch in Firenze).

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks again. Can you give me the site(s) that you got this info and I can check it out. Much appreciated.

Posted by
8700 posts

You're welcome again!

SENA bus timetables for Siena-Roma

Trenitalia timetables

Circumvesuviana timetables for Napoli-Sorrento

I found an even earlier route that includes a bus operated by Trenitalia: Siena-Chiusi by bus, departing at 05:45. IC train from Chiusi to Roma, and EuroStar Italia train from Roma to Napoli, arriving at 10:10.