Please sign in to post.

Paris at night?

Just wondering , How safe is Paris at night? Maybe until 11pm. I'l be on my own with my 15 yr old daughter and would love to see the Eifell tower at night and The Louvre all lit up. My first time on my own so am a bit nervous, or am I being too cautious?

Posted by
104 posts

I was in Paris 2 years ago and did a lot of walking and siteseeing at night. I was with my husband, but we felt extremely safe. The Eifel Tower even at night is full of people. There are people lounging out on the Champs de Mars, and we went in summer, they were still letting people up to the top until almost midnight.

Posted by
805 posts

Paris is incredibly safe. As long as you stay in an area that is well lighted, which is most of the touristy areas, you should be fine. As lovely as Paris is during the day, it is even more beautiful at night.

Posted by
157 posts

No Problem at all Until 11pm

Have been in Paris several times in the last three years, including three days with my 23 yr old son, and each time was simply wonderful

Jim

Posted by
448 posts

....there's no problem...just remember that you're in Maisons-Lafitte and need to check how late the trains run to get you back "home"

Posted by
2023 posts

Since Paris is the "City of Light" it would be a shame not to wander about at night in the nicer areas. The area around Les Halles is a bit sketchy even in daytime. Be careful to avoid the bracelet guys that are quite pesty. We noticed them(daytime) around the funicular to the Sacre Coeur area but have heard they have invaded some other popular locations. If you stop for even a minute and they get you to touch the bracelet it is pretty much yours to buy and they will pressure you very aggressively. Just don't even look at them and make any eye contact.

Posted by
2775 posts

I was in Paris with my daughter when she was 16 a few years ago. We were out late and felt very safe.

Posted by
467 posts

We were in Paris last week. We went up the Eifell Tower close to midnight and stayed till it was closing. Not sure when you are going but the place was packed as was the surrounding area. We felt very safe. The only problem was the last bus back to our "home" for the week had stopped running for the night. Good thing we still had the Metro. We were on the Metro with mostly 20 somethings coming home from a night of Clubbing. We also felt very safe. It was almost two when we got back but worth every moment. Don't miss the Boat cruises next to the tower at night. They are wonderful.

Posted by
7514 posts

I'll echo the thoughts on the central areas being very safe, and a joy to walk at night. It is already on my schedule to do a picnic at night on the Champs Du Mar, with the Eifel Tower in the background. Last time there, I stumbled on the night scene by the tower; lots of young locals eating and having a good time. Only problem I see is that in June, it does not get very dark until well after 10 PM; a little late for my jet-lagged body.