Please sign in to post.

London to Liverpool

I plan to take a trip to see London and Paris, and I'd like to include about 1.5 days in Liverpool as well. I know I can take a train between London and Liverpool, but the problem is that I can't find an airport anywhere near Liverpool that flies non-stop from US. I'd really love to not have to go out of the way and transfer in Amsterdam or somewhere. Any suggestions?
thanks

Posted by
8700 posts

KLM flies non-stop from JFK to Manchester which is less than 50km from Liverpool.

You could fly open jaw (JFK-Manchester and Paris-JFK). Take the train to London and spend some time there. Take the Eurostar to Paris and spend some time there. Fly home from Paris.

It's only a 2-hour train ride from London to Liverpool. If flying home-London and Paris-home would be substantially cheaper than flying into Manchester, then you could take the train from London to Liverpool and back to London on your way to Paris. Walk-up fares on long distance trains in the UK are expensive, but advance purchase discount fares can be very cheap. The same is true for the Eurostar from London to Paris.

Or fly to London and spend some time there. Take the train to Liverpool and spend some time there. Booked far enough in advance, you can fly Manchester-Paris CDG on the budget airline flybe for less than $100 US. Fly home from Paris.