Please sign in to post.

Florence to Venice

I really wanted to take the the IC train from Florence to Venice (as it is half the price) but when looking at the train schedule it leaves MUCH less frequently than the faster trains, which messes with my plans.

Is the trenitalia site not showing all of the trains or is this true?

Posted by
223 posts

Can you post when? That way someone can double check the schedules

Posted by
182 posts

they are avi trains (alta velocita italia) requiring a reservation, you have few ic opportunities. they leave virtually hourly from 7:00 am until 20:00. three hour trip most through bologna centrale. some are direct only two hours in length. have fun in venice

Posted by
19099 posts

I, too, have noticed that on certain runs there are a lot more EuroStar or AV trains than ICs. I think it is true. If you're not sure, check the German Rail website.

Posted by
8700 posts

Jesse,

Go to the German Rail site and click on "Further options" on the left-hand side of the page at the bottom of the booking area. On the new page under Means of Transport choose "All without ICE." Then enter Venezia Santa Lucia as your departure point, Firenze as your arrival point, and your travel date. You'll be given lots of departure times for routes that do not include EuroStar Italia trains. Click on the arrow to the left of each departure time to see the connecting points.