Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Lodging

We will be arriving in Amsterdam, Netherlands, (our first time) May 6-May 9, 2010. We are looking for three or four star, affordable, central lodging and welcome any suggestions anyone may offer.

May 9th we take a river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland and would like to tour in Switzerland (and area) for up to a week before heading to Provence in France.

Our travel plans are pretty open and we would be very appreciative of any suggestions anyone is willing to share.

Thank you for your help.

Posted by
576 posts

Janice, we used Priceline to bid on 2 separate weekends in Amsterdam for this coming December. Both times I chose the "City Centre and Museum Quarter" location Priceline bidding option. On both occasions my winning bids, for $71.00 got me the well located 4 star Nh Amsterdam Centre hotel. With taxes, it came to $83.00 a night, or 61 EUR per night, a great deal for a 4 star in expensive Amsterdam. I suspect that I could have gotten it even cheaper, but was using free Priceline $70 voucher coupons and my minimum bid had to be $1 more than that (and it was accepted on the first try each time). Priceline is a great option if you are staying in large cities and want to enjoy luxury for almost hostel rates.

Posted by
47 posts

The Eden Amsterdam American Hotel would be a terrific choice. It's right on the Leidesplein, walking distance to everything...restaurants, pubs, boats, sites, etc. Tram stops right out front too, so it's an easy connection from the train station or airport. Very nice rooms, great experience.

Posted by
711 posts

The Hotel Fita is neat... unless you smoke. We also like the Eden American.... really expensive, and the Ambassade, also very expensive.