Please sign in to post.

Parking outside of Rome

We will be driving from Naples to Rome and will be parking our car outside of Rome. Any suggestion for which rail staion is the best for parking. Thank you, Connie

Posted by
9110 posts

Why a rail station? Are you getting rid of the car? Just don't want to drive in the city? What are you doing next?

Help!

Posted by
28 posts

We are not getting rid of the car. We just do not want to drive in Rome. The place we are staying for 3 nights is beside the stazione in Rome. We are only staying 3 nights as this is our 5th time to visit but how can we go to Italy and not go to Rome.? After Rome we are driving to Nice to return the car as we rented the car in France which is cheaper than Italy. My husband planned the itinerary, we love Europe and have been many times. We have always used Rick Steves but my husband does alot of homework. He is a retired teacher and history is his love. We are flying into Amsterdam, then a train to Paris. We will rent a car before leaving and drive to Venice. Then some time time Croatia. This will be our first time in Croatia. Then on to Florence where we will also have a car parking situation. After Florence we will be at the Cinque Terre, then we go to Orvieto. After that we go to Sorrento and then Rome. Yes we will be there over a month. Great trip. Any suggestions? Thanks, Connie

Posted by
9110 posts

There's a large parking garage on Via Giovanni Giolitti which is right on the west side of the Termini station. To get there from the E45 coming up from Naples is not more than three or four turns after leaving the A24 freeway. The entire route is well clear of the ZTL's.

I have no knowledge of train stations south of Rome.

Posted by
28 posts

Thanks for your reply. We were trying to not go to a parking garage where we will pay a large fee. Thanks for your help