Please sign in to post.

Icelandair?

Anyone fly Icelandair? Good or ??

Posted by
8700 posts

In 2005 I flew Icelandair using open jaw tickets: Minneapolis-London and Paris-Minneapolis. Fine service. No complaints. Since the airport is small, changing planes in Reykjavik was very simple.

If I have the chance to fly Icelandair again, I'd like to take advantage of their standing offer of a free stopover in Reykjavik.

Posted by
1525 posts

This summer will be the third year in a row our family of five has flown IcelandAir and we love it. Changing planes in their little airport in Iceland is like coming home for us. So simple. They are great if you have younger children, too because they offer 20% or so discounts, which is unusual now days. They are particularly convenient for open-jaw flights. You can sometimes find cheaper flights just by picking a different return city you wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

Posted by
2193 posts

Icelandair is a very good airline with quite professional FAs and updated cabins. I flew with them to FRA when they still served BWI, and it was a fine flight. Some on this board have shared concerns about a cramped cabin (fleet is 757 with single aisle), but this didn’t affect my flight in the least, and the fare more than made up for any inconvenience one might expect in this area. As already mentioned, connections are via Keflavik, a very small and manageable airport. Another big benefit is that you can stay in Iceland for up to a week on either end of your trip with no difference in fare. You’ll never experience another place like Iceland…unbelievable.