Please sign in to post.

Brussels to Amsterdam

I'm flying into London on Aug.7 and want to travel to Amsterdam. I know I can take the Eurostar to Brussels but once I'm in Brussels what would be the best way of transportation to Amsterdam?

Posted by
91 posts

The best from Brussels to Amsterdam would be by train. Inexpensive and multiple trains each day.

However, if you want to go directly to Amsterdam from London, you may consider flying. Multiple flights on several airlines which would be quicker than eurostar-to-Brussels-to-Amsterdam. Depending on the airline and flight connections, flying may be cheaper too. Just a suggestion.

Happy travels.

Posted by
1449 posts

There are many lo-cost airlines so that would save time. But many posters have pointed out that they are very strict about their luggage policies. You're an ounce over what they allow, you start paying. So look up their policies before you decide to fly.

Thalys has train service between Brussels & Amsterdam. I haven't used it, but it appears to run often and has discounts if you purchase in advance.

Posted by
4555 posts

BMI (flybmi.com) and British Airways (ba.com) offer flights London Heathrow (I assume that's where you're landing) to Amsterdam eight times a day each. Depending on which flight you choose, and how far ahead you book, you can get a one-way flight for as low as 40 pounds ($81). And the flight's only 1:15 long!

Posted by
9099 posts

If you choose do go via rail, don't use the Thalys trains between Brussels and Amsterdam. Instead take the regular inter-city trains. They are half the cost, run more frequently (usually 15 minute intervals), and get you there almost as fast. You don't need to make advance reservations for this part of the journeys, simply buy your tickets when you arrive in Brussels.