Please sign in to post.

London to St. Pancras

What is the easiest way to travel from Heathrow to St. Pancras? Should I buy a Travel card before we get there? If I don't does anyone know where we can by a travel card after we arrive. Thank you!!

Posted by
16081 posts

If you mean a travelcard for the tube & buses, you can buy them at any tube station.

Posted by
104 posts

Can I catch the tube directly from Heathrow? Tube map shows Piccadilly line out of Heathrow goes direct to St. Pancras. However all the web posts recommend the Heathrow Express to Paddington which is expensive. I can get a travelcard for off peak much cheaper. I am so confused!!

Posted by
14797 posts

Lisa,

The cheapest way to get from Heathrow to St. Pancras station is to take the Tube. It's a direct shot, very convenient, and takes just under one hour. No need for the express train, which also costs more and no need to transfer and tow the luggage along. No need to go to Paddington. I did it last June when I arrived at Heathrow from SFO. When you buy the ticket at a counter, you can use an American credit card. When you get to King's Cross, you just walk over to St. Pancras...it's all connected in the station. At the Terminal where you arrive at Heathrow--I think I arrived at No. 5--you catch the Tube there to go all the way to King's Cross/St. Pancras.

Posted by
16081 posts

Lisa...the Piccadilly Line runs every few minutes out of Heathrow. No need for a timetable.

Cost is 4.50 GBP with cash, or if you get an Oyster card, it's 4.20 GBP during rush hour, and 2.40 GBP during off hours.

No change of trains. Direct shot to Kings Cross/St. Pancras.

You can buy either the single ticket or the Oyster Card at the Heathrow tube station.