Please sign in to post.

Airfare

Is it reasonable to continue waiting for a Lufthansa airfare close to $1000 for a June trip from DFW-TXL(Berlin) and returning CDG(Paris)-DFW? I search daily on multiple sites and Lufthansa always seems highest. My 90-120 day out window is February.

Posted by
1078 posts

My experience is always that Lufthansa is the priciest of the flag carriers. Suggest you look at other entry points to the EU and maybe train or use internal carriers for the bridge to Berlin, i.e. Ams and TVG to Berlin.

Posted by
934 posts

Ive found that Lufthansa codeshares with United.Check their fares also and it might be on a Lufthansa plane.

Posted by
2903 posts

Hi Laurie,

We bought through the Lufthansa website for our last 2 trips (Oct. '07 and Sept. '09). They were the cheapest we found. This is "shoulder" season of course. We bought tickets for Sept. '09 in either late May or early June '09. Can't remember at the moment. $462 pp all taxes incl. r/t non-stop NJ to Munich.

United does code share with Lufthansa. You may wind up on a Lufthansa plane. I noticed this last year. Many Lufthansa and United flights had identical itineraries, flights, times, etc.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but we always (6 trips in 9 years) find the cheapest fares late on a Tues. night on the airlines website.

Have you checked Air France? We flew them in Oct. '06 from NJ to Munich with a stop at CDG both ways.

Paul