Please sign in to post.

Trip to Amsterdam

I am trying to buy a flight going from Seattle, WA. to Amsterdam, Netherlands. The trip is not until 9/1/2010.
The airlines are offering different fare but when I booked for 9/1/2010, they don't give me the discounted amount.
Do you think I should wait a while?
Plus we are planning to fly to Amsterdam, move to Germany and Austria and would like to fly out of Austria or Munich to come back Seattle, Wa. Any suggestion I should do.

Posted by
7570 posts

It probably is a little early to book September flights and expect to see discounts. It is however very difficult to say that there will be discounts or that the fare will not increase between now and then. The best advice is to search this board for posts related to Airline Tickets; you will find links to sites that give historical highs and lows for a route, sites that search many sites for the lowest price, and even third party consolidator sites. Basically you want to get a good idea of what a deal looks like, so when you see it, you can act. As for your itinerary, it sounds like what you want is an Open Jaw ticket, into Amsterdam, out of Munich (or Vienna). Very common for most on this board, when you search for a ticket, while some sites have a check box for Open Jaw, many refer to it as Multi-City.