Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotel

Taking a HAL T/A cruise in May ending in Venice then taking a train to Rome for a couple days. Looking for a reasonable hotel near the train station and convenient to seeing Roman sights before flying home.

Posted by
23343 posts

Please define "reasonable" hotel -- price range.

Posted by
34 posts

We stayed at the St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome a year ago. It's close to the main train station, probably three blocks. Rates were fairly high then by European standards. One king bed superior room today shows about four hundred euro. Nice place. Definitely five star. Coincidentally, my wife and I will also be on the Westerdam next Spring for the T/A crossing. We'll be taking the train from Venice to Paris for a few days before flying home.

Posted by
192 posts

We just returned from Rome and stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Nardizzi American. We thought it was just fine for 111 euros/night. It is about 6 blocks from the train station.

Posted by
359 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Raffaelo, which is very near the train station (we walked it after arriving). The cost will likely be a little more than 100 Euro/night. They often have specials and had a discount for cash. This was two years ago. They had a good buffet breakfast, which we were usually the first to get to in the morning. It's ranked #15 on Tripadvisor currently. http://www.hotelraffaello.it/

Posted by
536 posts

John - http://www.hotelforte.com/en/index.htm

The reason - 100 yards from The Spanish Steps, Easy walking to The Via Veneto, Easy walking to The Trevi Fountain. On The Via Veneto you can also pick up an open air bus which will allow you to see the major sites - getting off and back on as often as you like.
No Cabs required except the 3 minute ride from the train station to the Hotel. Emanuel and Emanuella are great hosts - Also, many nice outdoor Cafes by The Steps.

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
199 posts

Hotel Panda. Seriously, that's the name. About 110 euros a night, no tv and no breakfast. But it's a minute walk to the Spanish Steps on a pedestrian street. The cab from Termini to Spanish Steps was about 10 Euros. The subway also stops at the Spanish Steps if you're feeling adventurous.

Posted by
56 posts

We were in Rome at the end of a three week trip and stayed at Hotel in Parione (A RS Hotel). Its a taxi ride from the train station, but in the middle of EVERYTHING. Very clean and redone.

Posted by
11507 posts

Stayed at Hotel Selene when I joing a RS tour.. came a few days ahead. It was clean and room was fine,, tv. a/c fridge , nice bathrooms.. and only a block or two from Terimnus bus station.( and metro) . I thought it was fine. Cost me 80 euros summer 2008).

Posted by
5 posts

We have stayed at a pensione called Forti's Guest House Via Fornova 7, which is inexpensive, (about $100) Tel 06/321-22-56. It wasn't a fancy place but you can request a room with a bath and they offer a continential breakfast in the morning. It is close to the bus and subway and just a few blocks from Vatican City. It is operated by an American couple who were very helpful during our stay.

We have also stayed at Grand Hotel Palatino on Via Cavour. It is a nice hotel with standard rooms and a bar off of the mail lobby. It is about a half a block from Terimini Station and the Collesseum. Their website is www.hotelpalatino.com

Good Luck

Posted by
101 posts

My wife and I hit Rome last summer and had a wonderful time. We always stay near train stations when traveling in Europe and for Rome took Rick's advice and stayed at the Beehive. Here's the link:
http://www.the-beehive.com/

Posted by
192 posts

John,
I was recently in Rome and stayed at Hotel Nardizzi American. It was 111 euros/night and was just fine. It is about 6 blocks from the train station.