Please sign in to post.

Transportation in London

We are leaving for London in about 10 days and I am almost certain we will be purchasing 3 day travelcards for my family of 4. We are also planning on taking the Heathrow Connect from the airport to Paddington (our hotel is very close). I (think) understand that the 3 day travelcard includes the bus and DLR along with the Tube. Doesn't it also include 2 for 1 admissions on a lot of sights? I thought I read that it did and then something else I read seemed to contradict that idea. Could someone plase clear this up for me? Thanks

Posted by
525 posts

Hi Cindy, I can't answer your questions about the 2 for 1 included in the 3 day travelcard but you can google London 2 for 1 discounts and print off whatever coupons you want...Also the visitor center has a booklet with some 2 for 1 coupons. I wish I was going with you back to London. Our first trip to England and Wales was last year and we loved it...
Happy travels.

Posted by
251 posts

Thanks for your reply! This is our first trip to England and we are very excited. I found out that if we purchase our travelcard at the National Rails Station, we will get the 2 for 1 discounts. Since there are 4 in my family, that will save us money. My next question is to find out if there is such a station in Paddington. That's where we'll be coming in from Heathrow.