Please sign in to post.

CDG to Paris

What is the best way to get into Paris from the Airport?

Posted by
11507 posts

Unless you are arriving with children ,, or alot of luggage,, then I am a huge proponent of the RER. ITs cheap,, but also fast,, you won't get stuck in traffic like you can in a taxi.. and you can always then take a taxi from the station you get off in Paris to your hotel if you don't want to take the metro with luggage.

I have also used a private car service that charged a flat rate,, so no worries about traffic driving up the rate. Was happy with that also,, but only used it the one time I took my then 12 yr old to Paris, after travelling over 20 hours!!

Posted by
8700 posts

There are two RER stations, not three, at CDG: CDG 1 (next to Terminal 3) and CDG 2 TGV (below Terminal 2).

For detailed information on taking the RER B from CDG to central Paris, including photos, go to the Paris by Train site. The current fare is €8.50 and includes unlimited transfers to the metro and/or other RER lines until you exit the system.

Posted by
32212 posts

michael,

I'd also recommend the RER "B" for travel into Paris. You didn't indicate which Terminal you'd be arriving at, but the Map in the first post should help to locate the RER stations. Note that one of the trains is an "express", while the other makes numerous stops. Either one will get you to Gare du Nord or other station where you can transfer to the Metro to your final destination.

Note that the automated ticket machines at CDG will only accpet "chip" credit cards and coins. If you don't have either payment method, you'll have to queue at the ticket office. I'm assuming from your location that you probably have a "chip" credit card?

Happy travels!

Posted by
1358 posts

This question has been answered many times on this page in the past. Read down through previous messages and the archives.