Please sign in to post.

Airlines-

Im a student who will be living around Richmond in London for the semester. I was wondering what is the best airline to travel on weekends with or the closest airport. I see Ryanair has good prices but are the airports they use so out of the cities that it will be hard to get to them? or not worth the spared expense.

Posted by
658 posts

Your nearest airport will be Heathrow (LHR).

If you are planning your trips far in advance then the no-frills airlines like EasyJet - who operate out of Luton (LTN) Stanstead (STN) and Gatwick (LGW) and Ryanair (STN), will be the most cost cutting options. If, on the other hand you are going to be going at the last minute, then you will find that those airlines are quite pricey. Conversly the big operators who fly out of LHR may then be a better option and it could be worth while considering BMI and BA, not to mention Air France, Lufthansa and KLM as well. My advice is to stay flexible about where you want to visit and scan the web sites regularly. Luton and Stanstead are quite a way from Richmond but Gatwick is not all that far.