Please sign in to post.

Parking in Venice

I will be driving from Tuscany into Venice and plan on spending 2 nihgts there. Any advice on where to park my rented mini-van? Thanks

Posted by
3551 posts

There is a huge tiered parking lot at Venice train station area, Tronchetto car park. It can be expensive and be xtra careful about securing your valuables.

Posted by
3551 posts

There is a huge tiered parking lot at Venice train station area, Tronchetto car park. It can be expensive and be xtra careful about securing your valuables.

Posted by
850 posts

There is a parking place across the street from the train station in Mestre. The rates are much cheaper than the ones in Venice. The train from Mestre to Venice runs frequently and is only a Euro or two. Very easy.

Posted by
1170 posts

Will you need your minivan after Venice? That's an awful waste of money to leave a vehicle parked and unused for 2 days. Why not turn it in and then if you need it afterwards, renew the rental.

Posted by
5 posts

John: I'm keeping the van because the weekly rate was by far the cheapest. A two part rental would cost more. Thanks

Posted by
12313 posts

We parked at the secure parking lot that Rick suggests. It took better than an hour to park (and retrieve) our car and cost a ton.

Next time I'll follow other RS advice, park on the mainland and train into Venice. It will save time and money.

Italy is a place to park carefully. We did well, no scratches, dents, broken windows or car prowling but we also made a conscious effort to be safe - nothing visible in the car and quiet,clean parking lots without broken glass, graffiti or loiterers.