Please sign in to post.

Car Rental from Paris

My wife and will be in Paris next month. We intend to travel to Mont St Michel and Honfleur taking in the D-Day beaches as well. I want to rent a car to self drive this but I am unsure about renting and returning a car in the Paris area. In the past in other European countries I've just taken a train to a smaller town and rented from there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by
8293 posts

We have picked up a car in Rouen, an hour by train from Paris, and also from CDG, which being north of the city, makes it easy to get going to Normandy.

Posted by
2193 posts

Another option in the 7th Arrondissement in the city center is to rent from one of the agencies co-located at the Air France bus terminal at Esplanade des Invalides. I’ve rented from Hertz there before. Driving out of central Paris is a little tough, but it can be done with a good copilot to help with street signs as you navigate to the motorway. You’ll have tolls en route, and be mindful of the speed cameras.

Posted by
8700 posts

Auto Europe has a pick up point in Nanterre which is a western suburb of Paris. You can get there on the RER A line.