Please sign in to post.

Thalys Train Reservations

I am going to be going from Paris to The Hague on a Thalys Train. We will hopefully make the last train of the day, as long as our train from Le Havre is on time. It is now two weeks in advance. Do i need to make reservations now? I am still in the US and it looks like reservations are pretty expensive through Rail Europe. Are they cheaper in Europe? can i get the reservations in London, for any cheaper, i will be there in a few days.

Posted by
8700 posts

Do you need to book a ticket? If so, the reservation is included in the fare. Or do you have a railpass and you want to reserve a seat by paying the special passholder fare charged by Thalys? If so, www.seat61.com says that the cost for the passholder fare is €12 if bought in Europe. I don't know if you can buy it in London, but you certainly should be able to do so in Le Havre.

Posted by
9099 posts

You should make reservations now. Thalys train fill up very fast and if you wait to the last minute you could be out of luck. Its best to make reservations directly via Thalys web site (www.thalys.com). Tell the web site you are a resident of France and you should be able to print out your tickets at home. You will usually get a better price if you purchase a round trip ticket with an random return date and throw away the unused portion.

Posted by
3 posts

i have a eurail pass, can i make reservations with thalys?

Posted by
8700 posts

Call the Thalys booking center in France and make your reservation over the phone. Dial 011 (US international access code) +33 (country code for France) + 8 92 35 35 36.