Please sign in to post.

barcelona to san sebastian

has anyone taken this route? i noticed in june that there was a 6 hour train, now in august when i plan to travel, that train is no longer available and they are all 14-18 hours long..

any ideas?

Posted by
233 posts

Last year we flew from Barcelona to Bilbao and then took a bus from the Bilbao airport to san Sebastian. We used Clickair and I remember the prices were very good. The bus to San Sebastian was waiting as we exited the airport and we were in San Sebastian an hour later.

Posted by
71 posts

Last summer we drove from Barcelona to San Sebastian via Bielsa (in the Pyrenees) We spent 3 nights at the Parador in Bielsa and then drove on to San Sebastian through France. The Pyrenees were awesome and the drive from Bielsa to San Sebastian was quite scenic.

Posted by
67 posts

I am planning to make this trip via the Alvia train in September...if you are checking the RENFE website, chances are you are looking too far in the future (those routes are not available online until 62 days prior). CHeck back again within this time period. Also, check out thisa very helpful rundown on booking RENFE tickets online http://tinyurl.com/ctgmr5

Safe travels!