Please sign in to post.

train from Paris to Amsterdam

I will be traveling with my 84 y/o mother in June and will end our trip in Paris. Since she wants to visit my brother in The Hague, Netherlands, what is the best train ticket to buy for the one-way trip to Amsterdam? Does any train go straight to The Hague? I'd be grateful for any help in this matter. Aileen

Posted by
9099 posts

The Thalys high-speed train provides the only direct service on its Paris to Amsterdam route, the train stop at the Hague en route. If you book early enough, you can get non-refundable/non-chanagable "smoove" fares for about 25 euros at www.thalys.com
When the site asks you where you live or where your are going to be picking up your tickets, say "France".

Posted by
359 posts

Thalys is the way to go; non-stop Paris (Gare de Nord) to Den Haag. Remember that the speed is lowered in NL because of track issues (unless changed in the past year), but that works as you get to see the lovely country go by the window.

The Thalys goes into Holland Spoor Station in Den Haag (not Central) enroute to A'Dam but it's only a few minutes between the two by tram/taxi. It is a lovely trip and the Thalys folks take good care of you. Don't know it if works Paris to DHaag but last year we did it the other direction and they went through the car well before Paris to see who needed a taxi; we booked and ours was waiting at Gare de Nord.

Lived in Den Haag for a few years recently so send a PM if I can be of help with directions, etc.