Please sign in to post.

One Special Night in Paris?

My family of 5 (17, 21, and 23 year olds) have 1 night in Paris before we depart back to the states. Would love to make it special, any suggestions?

Posted by
10229 posts

With only one night I would do a river cruise (it departs near the Eiffel Tower). Be sure you see the tower at the top of the hour, when the lights sparkle for about ten minutes.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks Andrea
Do you have any information on the cruise tours that include the eiffle tower at night, dinner and Moulin Rouge show?

Posted by
668 posts

Don't know about such a tour, but a dinner cruise on the Seine is a glorious, but expensive way to spend an evening in Paris and it is what immediately came to mind when I read your post.

Posted by
2193 posts

I’ll also vote for a dinner cruise with your family. They’re pricey, but you’ll certainly recall it later as a memorable ending to your holiday. I’ll admit that I haven’t been to the Moulin Rouge show, but I would skip it. You may end up with memories that are more crude and raunchy than special.

Posted by
10229 posts

Laurie, I would do the river cruise at night, but not do a dinner cruise. They are expensive and I'm sure you can find better food somewhere else. The cruise leaves from by the Eiffel Tower, so you can do the cruise and see the Tower. Get your tickets and get in line early so you can try to get the best seats on the boat.

Posted by
15 posts

A cruise is a great suggestion, especially at night! However, I agree, you can do much better by eating in the neighborhood around the Eiffel Tower. We love the La Petite Troquet Restaurant on Ave. de la Exposition, three blocks from the Tower. Get a city map and you'll find it easily. Very reasonable and family run!

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks Gary
Sounds like a great find...We'll keep our eyes open for it.