Please sign in to post.

Rome

Is there a way to get to Frankfurt Germany from Rome,Italy

Posted by
15079 posts

I'm really tempted to say..."no"...but...I won't.

How do you want to travel? Plane, train, car?

Posted by
15079 posts

Train for sure, bus probably, ferry no since Frankfurt is not on any major waterway that connects to Rome.

Since you're asking this question, I'm going to guess you are just starting your travel planning and you have a lot to learn.

First, please get a copy of "Europe Through the Back Door" and read it. It will answer many of your questions about traveling in Europe. Then come back with more specific questions.

Your best options for getting from Rome to Frankfurt are either by train or air.

Posted by
23286 posts

First, how are you getting from Westboro to Rome?

Posted by
8293 posts

Frank, I think the answer is "train bus ferry". Will someone please give Janice a map?

Posted by
32212 posts

Janice,

I strongly agree with Frank II! You need to find a copy of Europe Through The Back Door before you get too far into your planning. It will provide you with an enormous amount of information for not only how to travel smartly in Europe, but also Itinerary planning, Rail Skills, etc.

Regarding your original question, I'm "reading between the lines" here, but I'm assuming you may be landing in Frankfurt on your flight from the U.S.??? If that's the case, there are two practical methods to travel from Frankfurt to Rome - budget airline or train. Some comments on each:

• Budget airlines often have very cheap fares, but these often operate on a "sliding scale". As the seats on a particular flight are filled, the price increases. Also, the budgets often use very "out of the way" airports so the travel times and costs to and from these airports has to be factored in (Paris-Beauvais is a good example). The budgets usually have VERY restrictive baggage limits, so if you don't pack LIGHT you'll get "nicked" with an expensive overweight charge. Finally, once booked tickets are usually non-refundable and non-changeable.

• Trains are a relaxing and quick way to travel shorter distances, especially when using the "fast" trains. These also run direct to the city centres so travel to a from airports is not a concern. However the trip from Frankfurt to Rome is a LONG one, so that leaves two choices: suffer through the long journey or "break up" the trip by stopping at an intermediate location for a day or two.

Of course, the easiest solution would be to simply use open-jaw flights and fly directly into Roma FCO.

Happy travels!