Please sign in to post.

Air Berlin

Has anyone had problems booking Air Berlin flights by PHONE (using Air Berlin “Service Center” which is actually “Amadeus IT Group SA” in Miami) … instead of booking ONLINE at Air Berlin website?

This is for flights between US and Europe and also within Europe (LAX to Düsseldorf and also Düsseldorf to Greece). Any other information you may have about Air Berlin would be much appreciated.

thank you!

Posted by
588 posts

I've flown Air Berlin and will avoid it in the future. I flew from Vienna to Frankfurt to connect with Lufthansa. My AAA travel agent booked the flight (never again). Air Berlin was late in leaving Vienna, arrived late, no info regarding connecting flights. We missed our connecting flight and spent the night near the airport (no expenses covered by Air Berlin or Lufthansa). Actually Lufthansas staff made jokes about Air Berlin. Perhaps others have had better experience. I was even put off by Lufthansa on that trip and it has always been great. To be fair, the Frankfurt airport was horrific that day and the lines at Lufthansa were unbelievable.

Posted by
3250 posts

We had a good experience flying Air Berlin from Dusseldorf to Berlin. We booked online.