Please sign in to post.

Trains to Versailles

We will be staying one week in Versailles. We will be spending many of those days sightseeing in Paris. Our hotel is very close to the Rive Droit train station. I know the train only goes to St Lazare Station which is OK. However, I planned to buy a one-week pass and pay the extra for Versaille. However, will this pass work on the train to the Rive Droit Station?

Posted by
8700 posts

I assume you are talking about loading a zone 1-4 Carte Orange Hebdomadaire (Monday-Sunday) on a passe Navigo Decouverte. Yes, your pass will be good on trains to Versailles-Rive Droite.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks. Thanks great. It's a quicker train and it stops at Le Defense where we can transfer to other metros and RER's.

Posted by
264 posts

You will have much better luck if you use the RER C station, right around the corner from the entrance to Chateau de Versailles (Versailles Rive Gauche). It runs every few minutes, and comes into Paris on the left bank, stops directly in front of the Eiffel Tower, Invalides, Musee D'Orsay, and continues to Place St. Michel, right in front of Notre Dame, Sainte Chapel, Latin Quarter, La Sorbonne, St. Germain des Pres, Luxembourg Gardens, and makes central connections to the Metro system rather than being way out West of the city at La Defense. Bon Voyage!