Please sign in to post.

Pack Light Don't check

We are leaving tomorrow July 4th, from LAX to Munich. Picking up a new car in Munich and driving through Europe ending in Nice, France. I'm not checking my carryon b/c of Rick's advise. However my husband insists on checking his carryon. Since we aren't taking trains, etc. does it still make a difference if we check bags or not. Especially since the new security presently going on we have to stand in line to get our boarding passes. Please let me know reasons for him not to check except that he hold me up...Thank you very much.
Barbara
San Diego

Posted by
1633 posts

We have always checked in our backpacks when flying to Europe. We will also check them in when we leave this year especially since we want to take larger size liquid bottles (more than 3 oz.) of shampoos, etc. We still take travel size bottles but they are generally larger than 3 oz. We haven't had a problem with our luggage yet (knock on wood). Have fun touring Europe with your NEW car.

Posted by
1589 posts

Seriously, hope for the best and plan for the worst. The worst will be you two having no luggage when you pick up your new Mr. Benz. I never check anything on an annual three week trip. Either way, have fun!