Please sign in to post.

iberia airlines

I am scheduled to fly from Chicago, IL to Madrid Spain in the fall. The flight is on Iberia Airlines. I've been noticing horror stories about that airline. I would be interested in any ones experiences on Iberia. Thanks.

Posted by
658 posts

I'm sorry to say Iberia currently ranks as my least favourite full service European airline.

Unreliable, unhelpful and on occasion downright rude.

Posted by
68 posts

We flew Iberia last month from Chicago to Madrid and the flight was comfortable in coach. We took some internal flights as well from Madrid-Barcelona and Barcelona-Granada; on time, no problems. Trying to leave Madrid for Chicago was our only hassle. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time before the flight. We spent 45 minutes in the wrong line to check-in. Then we spent 1 hour in the right line only to find out that the flight had closed. After several requests to speak to a supervisor, the agent was miraculously able to get us on the flight. Overall, I would fly with them again.

Posted by
1455 posts

I flew them from Barcelona to Madrid. Being a short ride, I didn't find any problems. But I have heard terrible stories about Iberia.

To me, its probably based on their crew. If the person is having a bad day, it will just aggravate your trip experience. So hope you get a cheerful Spanish person!

Posted by
2 posts

I just flew Iberia to and from Madrid, and I had a good experience. Food (they actually serve meals!) and service were good. I understand that difficulties can occur if luggage is lost (which didn't happen to me), and from what I understand, persistance is the key if that happens to you - don't wait to complain, and don't be put off when airline personnel attempt to ignore your problem. Otherwise, I found it to be a particularly good experience, as airline travel goes.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you so much for your reply. I find it very encouraging.

Wilma

Posted by
16 posts

Few from Madrid to Miami on a 200 year old 747 ;) it was not fun. The seats go WAY to far back and you will have the seat in front of you, in your face if you choose NOT to recline. The staff was fine, but most international crews are...

Anyway, the flight is only the bus ride to the FUN!

Posted by
241 posts

In fall of 05 we did Iberia from Barcelona to bologna and back. Far better than Midwest Express...almost like first class, with good food, real stainless flatware, hot towels,...Why do reports vary so much???