Please sign in to post.

CDG to Disneyland to Orly??

Hello,

We're arriving at CDG in a.m (NW Airlines) then going to Disneyland for rest of the day and finding a hotel near there. We're heading to the Loire Valley the next day. We're doing a car lease which we were going to pick up at CDG, but now I'm wondering if it would be better to take a train to Disneyland, shuttle to a nearby hotel, then take train next morning to Orly and pick up car there (the only pick up place "on the way" to Loire Valley)?? Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help.

Posted by
8700 posts

From CDG you can take a ten-minute ride on a TGV to Marne-la-Vallee - Chessy, the Disneyland station. You can also take a shuttle bus (more frequent service but a longer ride). See the Disneyland site for details.

I believe I read that you were thinking about visiting Notre Dame in the morning before driving to the Loire Valley. You could take the RER A from Marne-la-Vallee - Chessey to Chatelet-Les Halles and transfer to the RER B, taking it to St-Michel Notre-Dame. Visit the cathedral and then take the RER C from St-Michel Notre-Dame to Pont de Rungis. Take the free Orly shuttle bus from there to the airport.

If you want to go directly from Marne-la-Vallee - Chessey to Orly, take the RER A to Gare de Lyon, transfer to Metro line 14 and take it to Bibliotheque Francois Mitterand, transfer to the RER C and take it to Pont de Rungis, and take the shuttle bus from there to Orly.

For a zoomable map of the RER and Metro system, go here.

Posted by
1455 posts

Linda PM sent.

IMHO I'd stay in Paris and take the train IN to Disney. Unless you want to set up base in Disney, stay in Paris instead.