Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre to Paris

Any suggestions on the best way to get four of us from the Cinque Terre to Paris? Is it best to look for trains from Genoa, Turin, Milan? (not travelling on a rail pass)

Thanks

Posted by
206 posts

We are going to Italy in a month, and will be traveling from just north of the Cinque Terre to Paris at the end of our trip. We are flying from Milan to Paris. Obviously trip is shorter and apparently not a lot more expensive (then the train). We are flying Air France, but also check into some of the smaller budget airlines if you would consider flying. There is an airport at Genoa also-I think flight times for us were better from Milan.

Posted by
8700 posts

If I were taking the train all the way, I would take a regional train to Milan and then the direct Milan-Paris night train. That train leaves Milano Centrale at 23:05 and arrives at Paris Bercy at 08:23.

Here are your budget airline choices for Milan-Paris: Malpensa-CDG on Vueling and easyJet, Linate-CDG on Meridiana, Linate-Orly on easyJet and Volareweb.

Posted by
3580 posts

I've taken this train trip several ways. It is possible to catch a train about 6 am in Monterosso (earlier in La Spezia) to Milano, then another train about 9 am to Paris, arriving about 4 pm. Sometimes a train change is required in France near the border (Modane, I think). Another way to go which takes longer is to take a train to Genoa, then to Nice, then to Marseilles, then to Paris (four trains), arriving about 8 pm. I like to break up the trip by stopping at Ventimiglia (on the Italian side of the Italia/France border) or Nice overnight, then proceed the next day. Arriving at Nice about noon, you could explore the town and catch an early train to Paris from there early the next morning. There may be cheap flights from Pisa, an hour by train from the Cinque Terre, on EasyJet.

Posted by
3 posts

I find a great Vuerling flight out of Milan...but it's at 11:40, and the first train from Venazza I can see doesn't get to the airport until 11:37.

Anyone with experience getting from Vernazza to Malpensa airport more quickly?

Thanks