Please sign in to post.

Need suggestion: From France to Italy or From Italy to France

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Europe later this year. Since I'll be doing some shopping in Paris and also stopping by the outlets in Italy. Since I'll be carrying those goodies with me during the entire the trip, so I'm just wondering if I should start my trip from France to Italy or from Italy to France. Is it safe to put those things in the hotels/B&Bs? Also, what month would be the best and cheapest to go? We are thinking August, September, or Oct? Thanks!

The route would be: Paris->Venice->Florence->Rome OR Rome->Florence->Venice->Paris

Posted by
11507 posts

What on earth do you mean " is it safe to put those things in the hotels" .. what are you buying ,, jewels??

Airfare and hotels cheaper in October, hotels expensive in September, but cheaper in August.

If you are some sort of mega shopper I would find out went the "Soldes" are in Paris, they are only twice a year and are major.. I am not a shopper so have no idea,, but have heard ladies go on about going to Paris just for the "Soldes"( sales)

Posted by
172 posts

I'm not buying jewels, but I want to stop by some of the brand name hangbag stores in Paris and the outlets in Italy. And I dont know where I'd be doing the most shopping at, so I'm just wondering which city/country would be safer so I'll stop by that city/country last so i dont have to carry them with me during the entire trip. I think the "Soldes" in Paris happens in June-July and then sometime in Janaury. But since I'm not going during those months....so my best bet would be either September or October??