Please sign in to post.

Leasing a car in France

We are considering leasing a car from Auto France. We will be there the minimum 17 day period.. this seems to be a great deal. We want to know if anyone out there has done this....what are the good points and downside. Thanks ...also any suggestions on scenic routes etc

Posted by
320 posts

Marianne - I have done this twice (in 1993 & 2004). I did it through Renault Eurodrive both times. It was a fantastic deal. Saves tons of dough. You get a brand new car. Specify that you want a diesel - the fuel is much cheaper and you get better mileage. The Renault people made this absolutely hassle free and I recommend it to everyone! Have fun.

Posted by
41 posts

Thanks for your prompt response. WE will have to check out Renault. We will have to pick up at CDG and return in Bordeaux and then TGV to Paris.

Posted by
811 posts

just returned from france renting from auto europe. it's very good service and enjoyed it.

we TGVed from paris to bordeaux and eventually drove back to Paris. The route we took was from Bordeaux to Sarlat via bergerac, beautiful drive. you'll see endless vinyards and little towns along the way, and beautiful river vally.

Posted by
320 posts

We've used Autofrance.net for leasing on numerous occasions and have found it to be a great deal. Love the all inclusive insurance, new car, good locations and easy pickup and drop-off. Their staff is always very informative and friendly. Highly recommend the program.

Posted by
149 posts

Hi Marianne, I have leased three times from Renault through www.renaultusa.com The office is in New York City and the people there are very professional and easy to deal with. The lease gets you a brand new car with zero kilometers (and an empty fuel tank). There have been absolutely no suprises; everything just right. Renault builds some very nice cars. If you can drive a stick shift, be sure to rent a diesel car, as diesel is cheaper and diesel cars get incredable mileage (40 to 50 miles per gallon). I always pick up my car in Paris and drop it off at Charles de Gaulle; very easy. There is no downside, period. Charlie Robinson, Lodi, California

Posted by
41 posts

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your responses. We certainly will lease a car and feel confident (thanks to all of you) in doing so. We are sure looking forward to our trip and our car. Marianne