Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Cruise Terminal

Has anyone arrived in Amsterdam by sea? Are there bike rentals at the cruise terminal? ATM machines?

Posted by
9100 posts

The cruise ship terminal is a very short taxi/tram ride to Centraal Station. ATMs and bike rentals are available there.

Posted by
144 posts

I found a terrific bike rental company called Amsterbikes located right underneath the arrivals at the cruise ship passenger terminal. They are open 7 days a week including Sundays from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. Their website is: www.amsterbike.eu.

In case of rain, we discovered that Tram #26 departs directly in front of the cruise ship terminal. Howeever, I can't find any information as to whether or not the terminal has a ticket office for the tram.

Does anyone know?

Posted by
144 posts

Yes, I know that you can buy tickets on board the tram but they are more expensive and also require exact change which an ATM machine will not provide. This is why I'm trying to find out if there is a ticket booth or any place at the terminal where we can buy the tickets. If you haven't been to the cruise terminal you wouldn't know.

Posted by
9100 posts

You don't need exact change, and they're .50 euro more if purchased from the driver, or attendant. Most trams in Amsterdam have tickets booths inside the the tram in the back or middle.

Posted by
144 posts

Yeah, I know some do but not all. I'm just going to hope it doesn't rain so we can rent the bikes instead.