Please sign in to post.

air fare

looking for cheap air fare for travel from venice to munich 02-03 Oct 09

Posted by
7549 posts

Use whichbudget.com to find out what budget airlines fly that route, then search their site.

Posted by
82 posts

kayak is also a great source for finding cheap tickets...

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for the responses. A direct flight is still more expensive than a train trip

Posted by
156 posts

Air Berlin has excellent one way fares from Venice to Munich. I have actually booked for October 5 and its costing 58 Euro for two of us from Milan to Berlin one way. ( 6 each for fares and 46 for taxes). The earlier you book on these budget airlines, the better the fare.

Posted by
19092 posts

For Oct 2 or 3, I see only a €179 fares (€146 fare, €3 for taxes, €20 for fuel, €10 surcharge), for a 3½ hr flight via Düsseldorf. You'll still have another about €15 getting to/from airports.

With travel time to the airport, preboard & security, flight time, getting out of the plane to ground transportation, and travel time to town, you'll probably see 6-7 hours travel time.

Right now, DB has an online spezial fare of €53, downtown Venice to downtown Munich, in just over 7 hours.

Posted by
7 posts

Lee- thanks, I saw the same price. I also did the math with time and money. I guess the night train really is the best choice.