Please sign in to post.

getting around

It's my first trip to Europe and my husband and I would like to get from Southwest Germany to London - renting a car and taking the ferry was our first thought but after checcking on all of the costs it is starting to sound very expensive - is there another recommendation?

Posted by
15102 posts

Do you want to make stops along the way? If so, where? If not, then you can either take the train or fly.

We need more info.

Posted by
19099 posts

The good news is that German Rail has a promotional fare (London-Spezial) from Germany to London for as low as €49 per person on way.

The bad news is that tickets at that fare are popular and limited, and sell out very quickly for the most popular "from" stations and times.

I was able to find tickets for as early as late April at that price from Koblenz, but they left Koblenz at 18:30 and had an overnight layover of about 8 hours in Brussels, but they were for €49.

The offer is shown on the Bahn website (in German).

Posted by
668 posts

Ryanair flies from Frankfurt (Hahn)to London (Stanstead) for as low as 49.99 Euros. You do ot sya when you are going, or where in "Southwest Germany" you are leaving from.