Please sign in to post.

French Strike

Lots of people expected to be off work Thursday and Friday, with strikes called across France. I'll likely hit transportation, from Paris commuter trains to airports. Click here for more details.

Posted by
3250 posts

We were in Paris in January and were scheduled to leave for home on the day of the last strike. The hotel staff was great at helping us figure out alternate routes to get to the airport. Thanks Norm for the "heads up" for anyone that's traveling--it's great to have some notice in advance to determine alternate routes.

Posted by
3313 posts

OMG, Norm!

"I'll likely hit transportation.."

You're the one doing this? I'll never cross you again! ;)

Posted by
2349 posts

Norm, have you already hit Sanitation? Are you the one responsible for unclean facilities? What else have you done?

Posted by
4555 posts

Ah yes...the One Big Problem on this board...you can't edit initial postings!!! (or should that be posings?!?!)

Posted by
365 posts

May I hit the Bathroom Change Clerks? Cuz I got beef with them.

Posted by
864 posts

Last time I was in Paris (Spring 2008) my son and I were trying to get to the train station for the Eurostar and the French communist party was demonstrating for a shorter work week and generally mucking up traffic. The humorous part was the taxi driver was Russian and spent the entire drive ranting about the life in communist Russia and how, well, you can imagine.

Posted by
3250 posts

Just wondering if anyone reading this post is currently in France--is the strike impacting your travel?

Posted by
448 posts

Strike over...weather SPRING...cold morning...and will watch 6Nations rugby this afternoon...walk the dog...And wait for the next strike...Husband took Thursday off..I had to cook lunch AND supper!!!...Okay, so i'm not travelling in France, just living here, but that's my update.

Posted by
119 posts

It's over already? I was at work yesterday and checked my e-mail only to find an e-mail from my brother (who doesn't understand why I want to take my kids to Europe) with no text, only a link to a BBC news article about the strike. I saw it and LOL. It was hilarious, we're not even going until JULY!